The only difference? We adults don't drink our milk directly from the breast! When babies do it, however, they receive it at blood temperature, so it doesn't necessarily have to be warmed for your little one to enjoy it.
However, if you choose to, then knowing how to warm breast milk in bottle warmers can be the easiest, safest, quickest, and most convenient way to do so. You can heat milk in bottle warmers, even breast milk - it just all depends on preference.
To help you get a better idea of the process, we're going to discuss how to warm breast milk in bottle warmers, and even help you find the best baby bottle warmer for frozen breast milk!
How to Warm Breast Milk in Bottle WarmersIt's essential to bear in mind that the speed at which your bottle warmer heats your breast milk will depend on the site of the bottle you're using, along with the starting temperature.
The process itself is straightforward; all you have to do is:
- Before you plug in your bottle warmer, ensure that it is switched to the lowest setting.
- When plugged in, you should see a light - usually a sign that it is on and heating up.
- Place your bottle, and let the bottle warmer work its magic. Once it's ready, the light should turn off to indicate that the temperature is set and ready. However, this does not suggest that the milk is prepared.
- Proceed to heat your milk up to the desired temperature. Ensure that you stick with the heating guidelines so that you don't overheat the milk.
- Finally, take maximum amounts of care when removing the bottle as it may be hot. In addition to this, you should always check the temperature by testing it on your wrist.
At the risk of sounding like we're nagging, please keep in mind that you should never heat breast milk in a microwave, or even boil it. Not only can it create hot spots and put your baby's mouth at risk of nasty burns, but it also destroys all the good stuff you're producing for your tiny tot's health.
For the perfect feed every single time, whether warm, cold, or frozen breast milk - use Baby's Luxury Lane portable bottle warmer. It’s one of the best bottle warmers for frozen breast milk as the intelligent design heats your goodness to precisely the right temperature, and is perfect to use while out and about. It's the ultimate travel bottle warmer and boasts convenience as it fits inside any changing bag.
Get yours now!